Job Description and Person Specification
Please note this statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. This list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to undertake such duties as may be assigned to from time to time. The FEAO is a small team and staff are expected to be flexible in their work in order to deliver the objectives of the organization.
Main purpose of the role
Conduct research, prepare reports, or formulate plans to address economic problems related to the production and distribution of goods and services or monetary and fiscal policy. Collect and process economic and statistical data using sampling techniques and econometric methods.
Economic Analyst Main Duties
- Research and analyze economic issues
- Conduct surveys and collect data
- Analyze data using mathematical models and statistical techniques
- Draft FEO’s products (reports, tables, and charts etc.) that present research results
- Interpret and forecast market trends
- Write articles for publication in newsletters and academic journals
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- A sound academic and particle grounding in economics and financial analysis; minimum of a Masters level degree in economics or a related field
- A strong track record of delivery of high-quality products, meeting the needs of customers
- Experience of conducting financial and costing analysis of legislation and policies
- Exceptional numerical and analysis skills
- Fluent written and spoken English and Ukrainian
- Non-partisan and independent operator
- An open and consultative managerial style able to motivate a team to work effectively
- Diplomatic and approachable personality with a “can-do” attitude
- An open communicator and good networker who is able to deliver to customer requests and requirements
Duration and proposed timeframe – duration of assignment is 3 April 2017 through 31 December 2017.
Contract type – Fixed term consultancy contract; full time
Location – Kyiv, Ukraine
Please submit a CV, application form and covering letter to email@example.com by 23:59(GMT) 24 March 2017.
Download – application form.