Job Description and Person Specification
Please note this statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. This list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to undertake such duties as may be assigned to from time to time. The FEAO is a small team (12 person) and staff are expected to be flexible in their work in order to deliver the objectives of the organization.
The Senior Economic Analyst is leading cluster team of economist (1-2 person). They will take overall responsibility for the timely development and delivery of high-quality economic products for use of VRU members and committees in the specific topic (budget, tax, economic and cross-cutting).
Main purpose of the role
Conduct research, prepare reports, or formulate plans to address economic problems related to the production and distribution of goods and services or monetary and fiscal policy. Collect and process economic and statistical data using sampling techniques and econometric methods. Support economic analyst at their research and analyses.
Senior Economic Analyst Main Duties
- Research and analyze economic issues
- Coordination of the cluster team of economic analysts ensuring appropriate deployment of various skills and ensuring effective delivery of economic products
- Conduct surveys and collect data
- Analyze data using mathematical models and statistical techniques
- Prepare reports, tables, and charts that present research results
- Interpret and forecast market trends
- Advise governments on economic topics
- Design policies or make recommendations for solving economic problems
- Write articles for publication in newsletters and academic journals
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- A sound academic and particle grounding in economics and financial analysis; minimum of a Masters level degree in economics or a related field
- A strong track record of delivery of high-quality products, meeting the needs of customers
- Experience of conducting financial and costing analysis of legislation and policies
- Exceptional numerical and analysis skills
- Fluent written and spoken English and Ukrainian
- Non-partisan and independent operator
- An open and consultative managerial style able to motivate a team to work effectively
- Diplomatic and approachable personality with a “can-do” attitude
- An open communicator and good networker who is able to deliver to customer requests and requirements
Duration and proposed timeframe – duration of assignment is 3 April 2017 through 31 December 2017.
Contract type – Fixed term consultancy contract; full time
Location – Kyiv, Ukraine
Please submit a CV, application form and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59(GMT) 24 March 2017.
Download – application form